Some recipes don’t need an extensive introduction: I made this Spinach Quiche with Feta and Olives, it looked great and tasted even better.
I’m going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking…
– 6 cups of fresh spinach
– 1/2 cup of grated cheese (I used a blend of different kinds of cheeses)
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup of black olives
– 1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
– 3/4 cup of goat cheese feta
– 1 cup of cream
– puff pastry
– salt and pepper
This recipe makes one quiche, which should feed four people for dinner (or makes an awesome dinner, lunch and late afternoon snack for one very hungry student). The tin I used was a little big so I ended up with a lot of extra crust, which was totally fine with me!
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit or 180° Celsius.
1. Butter the tin and line the bottom and sides with the puff pastry.
2. I already halved some of the olives when I realized I could just leave them whole….
3. Cut or crumble up the goat feta cheese.
4. Whisk two eggs and the cream together with the salt, pepper and the ground cumin.
5. Add the feta cheese and the olives to the cream and egg mixture.
6. Let the spinach wilts in a skillet over medium high heat. Make sure you drain off any excess water before adding the spinach to the other ingredients.
7. Pour the combined ingredients in the tin. Sprinkle ground cheese on top.
8. I decided to make my quiche look extra fancy so on top I made a pattern of the left over pastry. I broke the third egg into a bowl and added a little bit of water to make an egg wash. I brushed the egg wash over the pastry to give the quiche a golden brown colour. I also sprinkled some sea salt on top to give some extra flavour to the crust.
My quiche baked in the oven for about 40 minutes.