You probably know the feeling: you’ve been working all day, finished a few projects, dealt with a lot of whiny clients and answered a lot of phone calls. At the end of the day you are tired and grumpy and all you want to do is go to bed.
“Cooking? No freaking way, waaaaaay too much work! You know what? I’ll just order take out and cook a healthy meal tomorrow….”
Unfortunately with this recipe you have no excuses not to get your ass in the kitchen. You can put this salad together in no time. It’s super healthy and super delicious, I promise!
– For the Salad:
– One crop of lettuce
– 4 hard boiled eggs
– A can of tuna
– 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of shredded bacon
– half a cup (120 ml) of shredded parmigiano reggiano
– about 15 small cherry tomatoes
– 2 cups (480 ml) of whole mushrooms
– For the dressing:
– 1 cup (240 ml) of yoghurt
– half a cup (120 ml) of fresh mint leaves
– 1 large tablespoon of mustard
– a generous sprinkling of sea salt
1. Clean the lettuce. Make sure you wash it thoroughly so you don’t end up with a sandy grainy salad!
2. Bake the mushrooms and the bacon till they are golden brown.
3. Quarter the hard boiled eggs and the tomatoes.
4. Prepare the minty yoghurt dressing by adding the mustard, the sea salt and the chopped up mint leaves to the yoghurt.
5. In a large salad bowl mix all the ingredients together. Drizzle the salad with the minty yoghurt dressing and top with the shredded parmigiano.