I’m so exited I started this eat-more-veggies-project. I’m really trying to get creative with the things I make for dinner. I found a recipe for a Japanese style roast beef capriccio and altered it slightly. What I got was…..perfection! I had this for dinner three times in the last week. Easy, delicious and with lots of veggies.
This dinner salad features cucumber, julienne carrots and scallions rolled into thinly cut roast beef slices. The rolls are placed on top of noodles and topped with a soy mayonaise… mouthwatering right?
Let’s get started
1. Prepare your noodles by soaking them in boiling water. Set aside.
2. Make the soy mayonnaise by adding 3 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1.5 teaspoons of sesame oil to a quarter cup of light mayonnaise.
3. Slice your cucumber into long thin strips and chop up two scallions.
4. Spread the roast beef slices onto a plate or a cutting board. Make sure they slightly overlap. Apply the slices generously with the soy mayonnaise.
5. Place the cucumber strips horizontally on the roast beef slices. Sprinkle with the chopped scallions.
6. Top with the julienne carrots and a little bit of lime juice .
7. Roll the roast beef tightly and cut them into bite size peaces. Spread some more of the soy mayonnaise on top.
8. Drain the noodles and give them some flavor by a generous sprinkling of soy sauce and a tablespoon of sesame oil. Serve the roast beef rolls on top of the noodles.
Recipe adapted from: Allerhande Magazine 2012/7